The West Haven Library gratefully accepts gifts, donations and endowments. With ever-increasing budget constraints we need your support! Donations of any amount are always accepted.
A letter of acknowledgement will be sent to the donor.
Other ways to help:
- Buy from Amazon through this link: wowbrary.org/westhaven. We will get 6% of the purchase price of books or merchandise you buy.
- Give a book to the library in honor of a special person or occasion. A commemorative gift plate will be placed in the book. Acknowledgment letters will sent to the donor and to the honoree.
- Give us your gently used books & DVDs -we will use them to update our collection or sell them in our Friends book sale to raise money for the library.
- Matching Gifts: The Library is eligible to participate in many corporate matching gift programs, which can increase the value of your gift substantially. Contact your Human Resources department for information about your company’s policy.
- Join the Friends: This volunteer group sponsors our annual book sale every July. They provide support for museum passes, author talks and more.
- Endowment Funds: These funds will be preserved for future Library needs, such as an expansion or capital improvements, that public funding alone cannot meet. Donations of investments, real estate and future bequests would be added to the endowment fund.
The West Haven Public Library is an association library that is run by the Village Improvement Association of West Haven, which was incorporated in 1906. Donations are tax deductible (the library is a non-profit 501c3 corporation).