To borrow Overdrive library eBooks for use with your Nook eReader you will need a library card in good standing, an email address, Adobe Digital Editions software authorized either anonymously or with Adobe ID, and the Overdrive Media Console software.
For first time use
- Follow this link to install the Adobe Digital Editions software.
- After installation, authorize the Adobe Digital Editions software either anonymously or by creating an Adobe ID.
- Follow this link to install the Overdrive Media Console software.
To Borrow materials
- Go to your library’s website, and click on the link to Overdrive.
- Select the material you’d like to take out, and make sure for a Nook eReader that the book says epub, pdf, or open epub next to it.
- Select add to cart. If it says add to wishlist, this means it’s checked out to another patron.
- Once you have finished selecting books, click continue to Checkout.
- You will then be asked for your library card number.
- Confirm Checkout
- Click the download button, if prompted, choose to open file with Adobe Digital Editions.
Follow this link for addition information on borrowing materials.
Using Overdrive app
- Download the Overdrive app onto your Nook
- Click on my items to see your borrowed materials
OR Transfer your borrowed items to your Nook eReader Manually
- Be sure that you are able to find and open the borrowed eBook in the Adobe Digital Editions software.
- Plug your Nook eReader into your computer with the usb cable.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions, authorize Nook device when prompted.
- Find the items you want to transfer in your Adobe Digital Editions library.
- Drag and drop the item onto listed Nook device in left column of Adobe Digital Editions.
- Eject nook device in windows explorer before unplugging.
Finding your library books on the Nook
- Select the MyLibrary button on bottom of the home screen
- Select My stuff at top right
- Select My Files category
- Select Digital Editions folder
- Select item to read
To return ebooks early
- Open the Adobe Digital Editions program on your computer
- Find the item in library of your downloaded books
- Mouse over the cover of the item, an arrow will appear upper left corner
- Click the arrow and select “Return Borrowed Item” from the list of options